What is Zeoplant?
Zeoplant is a very efficient moisture retaining soil additive, consisting of fully natural mineral material. In times of increasing water scarcity all around the globe, water has to be used wisely and not wasted through uncontrolled landscaping or agriculture.
Zeoplant improves the soil structure and increases the water holding capacity of the soils to the extent that infiltration speed of irrigation water will be reduced by up to 85%.
Plant roots have more time to absorb the water and loss of water through percolation is reduced drastically.
Zeoplant reduces the standard irrigation water rates by 50% and beyond.
Zeoplant’s additional benefits are:
- Savings of 50% electricity for pumping of irrigation water
- Direct wear & tear savings on maintenance for pumping units & irrigation equipment
- Reduction of storage cost for irrigation water (minimize/ eliminate tanks)
- Reduction of chemical fertilizers during maintenance and operation through prevention of leaching. Therefore monetary savings in time, logistics, labour, spreading
- Healthier and faster growth of plants and crops which can be substantially proven (temperature controlled areas, i.e. Green houses and open areas)
- pH is reduced and EC increased which effects growth rate by providing the plants more nutrients Zeoplant has a high CEC and contains lots of nutrients
- Replaces the usage of peat moss completely
- Reduces carbon footprint